In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Jenn Herman. Jenn is a social media consultant, speaker, and globally recognized Instagram expert. She is a sought-after international speaker providing tips, resources, and training for organizations of all sizes that need to structure their social media strategies. She is the co-author of Instagram for Dummies 2.0 (2022) Edition.
Instagram is a powerful tool for companies of any size to make connections with potential customers and promote their products. With over two billion people logging in monthly, if you haven’t already hopped on the bandwagon, now’s the time! In this episode, Jenn Herman and I chat about the current tactics that work on Instagram and the guidelines that you should keep in mind.
Questions I ask Jenn Herman:
- [1:21] Why did you feel like you needed a new edition to your book?
- [2:26] Do you ever get any pushback from people saying that using the phrase “for dummies” doesn’t feel very professional?
- [3:15] Where does Instagram sit on the pantheon of social media hierarchy?
- [4:04] How would you compare and contrast TikTok and Instagram?
- [5:04] If you’re talking to somebody who understands the basics of Instagram, how do you advise them to use this edition of the book?
- [5:53] What post formats should you be using on Instagram?
- [9:30] Why do people post stories more than regular in feed posts nowadays?
- [11:53] What is the strategy behind long-form posts that seems to be happening on Instagram today?
- [13:49] How do we need to be thinking about the various stages of the customer journey when it comes to social media?
- [15:59] What are some of the tools that people are using for social media?
- [17:40] Do you get penalized by the algorithm for using an auto-scheduling tool?
- [18:34] Could you talk about the need for balance in production value in the case of using really high-quality cameras versus shooting natively with a mobile phone?
- [20:01] Do you have to really commit to a certain rhythm of posting or do you know you’re gonna lose people’s interest?
- [21:33] Where can people connect with you?
More About Jenn Herman:
More About Certification Intensive Training:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.