In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Marcel Petitpas. Marcel is the CEO & Co-Founder of Parakeeto, a company dedicated to helping agencies measure and improve their profitability by streamlining their operations and reporting systems. Marcel is also the fractional COO at Gold Front and a speaker, podcast host, and consultant, specializing in Agency Profitability Optimization.
The most profitable agencies have a winning formula that results in happy returning clients, steady growth, and continuous profit. In this episode, the CEO and Co-founder of Parakeeto, Marcel Petitpas, shares his insights on what that winning formula looks like and how agencies can optimize their businesses for profitability.
Questions I ask Marcel Petitpas:
- [1:49] What should we be measuring if we want to optimize for profitability?
- [4:14] When it comes to KPIs, how do we strike the right balance between too much information or narrowing in on the right things to track?
- [6:40] Where can people find your agency profitability toolkit and checklist?
- [7:24] One of the hardest things to measure is internal staff working on various accounts. How do you spread that kind of unit of labor across where it should be expended?
- [11:03] What do you see as the most useful way to do billing?
- [16:00] Everyone in the organization should be tracking their time. Yes or no?
- [17:51] What kind of challenge does white labeling add to the pure optimization model?
- [20:05] Why wouldn’t you use a resource plan with your white label partners to some degree?
- [20:52] How much responsibility do you think that marketing agencies have to really get that deep inside an organization?
- [23:04] Where can people find out more about Parakeeto and the work you do on behalf of agencies?
More About Marcel Petitpas:
Learn More About The Agency Certification Intensive:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.