Marketing Podcast with Martha McSally
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Martha McSally. Martha is a compelling example of overcoming adversity and fear to achieve extraordinary feats. Losing her dad at the age of 12 and surviving sexual abuse and assault, she persevered to become the 1st woman in U.S. history to fly a fighter jet in combat and command a fighter squadron in combat. Martha deployed six times to the Middle East and Afghanistan, flying 325 combat hours in the A-10 attack plane, earning the Bronze Star and six air medals. Martha is also a former United States representative and a former United States Senator from Arizona. She’s the author of the book — Dare to Fly: Simple Lessons in Never Giving Up.
Finding the strength to continue is one of the major obstacles in life. It’s something that we often forget in the face of challenges, but it is crucial to our success. Every challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow, and it is only by pushing through that we can discover our true potential. America’s first female combat jet pilot and Arizona Senator, Martha McSally, joins me in this episode to talk about how to clear the runway of your life: embrace fear, transform doubt, succeed when you are expected to fail, and soar to great heights.
Questions I ask Martha McSally:
- [1:59] Could you tell us why the Warthog plane is such a badass plane?
- [4:05] How do you instruct somebody how to fly a plane with one seat?
- [6:17] What drove you to join the Air Force?
- [8:27] This book has a lot of stories from your life, but you wouldn’t call it a memoir, would you?
- [11:03] One of the lessons in the book is – don’t walk by the problem. Could you talk a little bit about what that means?
- [13:44] Could you talk about your perspective on the wingman?
- [16:30] Any person who is the first to do anything more often than not experiences discrimination — could you talk about what you learned from your experience with gender-based discrimination and what do you want other people to learn from your story?
- [20:32] If somebody reads your book or hears you speak, what for you would be a home run for them to take away with?
- [21:30] You inspire audiences and your book inspires audiences. Where do you get your inspiration these days?
- [22:48] Where can people connect with you and get a copy of your book?
More About Martha McSally:
More About The Agency Workshop:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.