In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Jeffrey Shaw. Jeffrey is an experienced speaker and small-business consultant. He helps self-employed and small-business owners gain control of their businesses in what otherwise seems like uncontrollable circumstances. He’s also the author of a book called: The Self-Employed Life: Business and Personal Development Strategies That Create Sustainable Success.
To be self-employed means more than employing oneself. It’s a choice to challenge yourself to grow personally while building a business. As we develop ourselves, we raise the bar—we’re capable of even more success. What self-employed folks need is both business strategies and personal development to reach and maintain that success. In this episode, Jeffrey Shaw shares his holistic approach to sustainable, self-employed success.
Questions I Ask Jeffrey Shaw:
- [1:55] The term “self-employed” used to be looked upon differently — has the perception changed now?
- [4:36] In your mind, what is self-employed, and what space are you trying to carve out?
- [11:20] What’s your approach to personal development from your own experience?
- [14:01] When you’re working with small business owners and self-employed folks that you work with, where do you see people commonly kind of fall down?
- [16:01] What is the self-employed ecosystem you’ve mentioned?
- [19:02] What are some of the traits and habits that you can identify that really serve people trying to achieve balance and build this ecosystem?
- [22:22] What are some of your thoughts on self-employed individuals in terms of hiring them to do work for you?
More About Jeffrey Shaw:
More About Certification Intensive Training:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.